Directions: Write a composition entitled My Views on Examination. You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below in Chinese:
My Views on Examination
Nowadays the examination is used as a chief means of deciding whether a student succeeds or fails in mastering a particular subject in most colleges and universities. Although it is efficient, its side effects are also enormous.
On the one hand, examinations lower the standards of teaching. Since teachers are often judged by examination results, they are reduced to training their students in exam techniques. Nosubjectsjcan.be taught successfullywith jjntenttojtake.examinations. On the other hand, the most undesirable effect is that examinations encourage bad study habits. A the examinations corejis the only criterion for his academic performance students driven to memorize mechanically rather than to think creatively.
In fact, few of us admit that examinations can contribute anything really important to the students’ academic development. If that is the case, why cannot we make a change and devise something more efficient and reliable than examinations?
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition entitled My Opinion on Campus Love. You should write at least 150 words following the outline given below in Chinese:
My Opinion on Campus Love
On campus, lovers can be found here and there. Some people think too much intimacy has a bad influence. It takes lovers too much time and energy. Furthermore, their intimacy can distract their own as well as other students’ attention from study. Campus should be a place for study and should maintain an atmosphere of learning.
On the other hand, other people believe it is OK. Pursuing love is all right to students on campus and intimacy is a natural expression of love. Some scholars of law hold that friendship and appropriate intimacy are an important part of student development.
In my opinion, what all people should do is just leave it as it is. University students are adults, and they can handle their own affairs well enough. However, they have to admit that school is a place where people receive an education and their main task is to study. Therefore, students are expected to behave themselves in proper ways.
1) As for me, I am on the latter part of the argument. The reasons are as follows. 對于我，我適用爭執的下半一部分。原因以下：
2) From my point of view, it is more reasonable to support the first opinion rather than the second. 我認為，適用第一種觀點比適用第二種觀點更有些道理。
3) The following reasons can account for my inclination. 以下的原因可表述我的趨向。
4) To make myself as plain as I can, I should give my standards for … 為使我的觀點更為清晰，加上全文連接我得出我有關…的規范。
5) I disbelieve, and therefore strongly resent, the claim that … 不相信，因而明顯抵制，這一認為，即…
6) My final and perhaps my best reason for not doing something is … 我不會做某件事最后的，也許最好是的理由是…
7) For the same reason, it matters to me that … 一樣原因，我很在意…
8) For these reason, I recommend that … 出自于這種原因，推存/提議… (recommend做提議講時，接從句要用虛似，即賓語用(should) 動詞原形)
9) My answer is that …. I have several reasons, and they’re good ones. The first is the one that … 我的回應是…。是我好多個理由并且他們是很充足的理由。第一個是…
10) My view is that … 我的`觀點是…
11) Like almost everybody else, I believe that … 如同基本上任何人一樣，相信…